Environmental Justice is Racial Justice
Attend the Peace and Justice Working Group meeting on Thursday, January 21 at 5:30PM to brainstorm how to plan our March education/action event on the topic of how environmental injustice impacts low income and communities of color.
Peace and Justice Working Group Education & Action Opportunities for January 2021
- Watch a 3-minute introductory video about environmental justice and its connection with racial justice.
- Read the resolution of the 223rd General Assembly of the PC(USA) on environmental racism.
- Attend an online workshop co-hosted by Stone Church of Willow Glen and the Peace and Justice Working Group. “A Faithful Response: Indigenous Land Stewardship and Wildfire Management” will provide an opportunity for participants to learn and take action to support the Amah Mutsun Tribal Band’s use of cultural burning techniques in partnership with CalFire. Register here on Eventbrite for the Zoom link to attend. Sunday, January 24, 4:00 – 5:00PM PST.
- Apply for the Green Foothills “Community Advocates Leadership Academy” which “equips participants with the tools to create effective campaigns for environmental advocacy that prioritize race equity.” The program begins Saturday, January 9th. Apply here as soon as possible to be considered.
- Attend the Peace and Justice Working Group meeting on Thursday, January 21 at 5:30PM to brainstorm how to plan our March education/action event on the topic of how environmental injustice impacts low income and communities of color. Join the Zoom meeting with this link.
- Support Amah Mutsun Land Trust programs to recover from the CZU complex fire and to promote the education and engagement of future native stewards of the land.